Friday, November 8, 2013

Short Rant

So, I love Bastille and other Rock/Alternative artists that just now made Top 40 radio. I find it disappointing that pop is alt. If pop has become alternative, in fashion and  music, what is alternative? Granted, somethings are easier to find, examples are the top hat for Victorian goth, corsets, and Doc Martens, but I don't want to be remembered as a "hipster". My music, like Bastille, Lorde, Panic! at the Disco, the Cure, Pierce the Veil, and My Chemical Romance is now on Top 40 radio. (I refer to it as "my music" to differentiate between pop and most of what I listen to) Now, if the artist is coming to town, it's more likely to happen, but I am also less likely to get tickets. And it feels like the band is no longer my little secret.
I was writing this post when "Pompeii" was playing. Now, "Royals" is playing. I swear, alternative is losing the alternative feel. I just want this to be over, like the rock scene with Nirvana back in the 90's (apparently that happened. I didn't experience it.)

Feel free to post your opinion below

No comments:

Post a Comment