Saturday, November 9, 2013

Room Redo Week 1-Planning

I really need to redecorate my room. The furniture is 4 different finishes (cherry, white, oak, and birch), and still little girl esque. (I was 10, and this was just before I fell out of pink and into blue and lilac.)

I am still keeping my giant pink plush owl-it's special to me. However, I am planning on disposing of almost all the other *shudders* pink objects in my room. It's a mess and you don't need to see my outfit for tomorrow scattered about, along with many a book, so no before pictures until I decide to clean it entirely from top to bottom.

A Nice Chart type thing
Keep:
  • Bed and Dresser (the only matching furniture)
  • TV and DVD player-I do not care that they are pink. They work and I can drape them in amethyst or black cloth.
  • 2 quilts-I am getting a comforter, but my house gets freakishly cold in the winter.
  • Stereo and speakers
  • One Direction wall-It took an abundance of time and work. I'm not tearing it down yet.
  • Water color paintings and frames
 
Get Rid of:
  • White dresser-Although it holds my TV, it does not match my other furniture and it is old (I've had it since I was 6 or 7) and due to misuse (I was only a child, so don't go evaluating me) is in somewhat of a deteriorated state.
  • Entertainment center-it only holds my books, so I'm going to buy book shelves (furnituregothic.com)
  • Nightstand-The only piece of birch furniture IN THE HOUSE. Although it holds magazines (Seventeen, anyone?), my lamp, and a few various other items, my bed is too high for it and only went with my original bed, not my current one. Going to buy a new one, most likely from Furniture Goth.
  • Of course, the various trinkets of no use to me anymore and since I have no sisters, no use to my family either.
  • Maybe I will sell my hardcover books that I have 4+ copies of (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire). I do not know how I came across this many...but I will keep at least one copy of each book, because if there is both hardcover and paperback, I will keep both.
  • All the clothes that are too little. I didn't completely get everything out last month (1 overflowing bag at my mom's, and God knows how much at my dad's)
Buy:
  • Beauty Storage Tray, from PB teen. $35. To be painted black
  • Beauty Storage Cup, PB teen, $12. Also will be painted black.
  • Plush speaker animal (penguin), PB teen, $79. It's a speaker for a phone or MP3 player. Even though it is not Gothic in any way, it is "me" and will be useful.
  • Gemma Floral reversible comforter in black, PB teen, $159
  • Flora felt pillow black, PB teen, $39
  • PB teen organic sheet set, lavender, PB teen, $109
  • Owl woodland creature, small, Pottery Barn, $39.50
  • small taper holder in silver, $29
  • Wolfram Dragons Wall shelf, Furniture Gothic, $139
  • Saltier Side Table, Furniture Gothic, Back Ordered
  •  Black tulle bed skirt
If you have any suggestions for Victorian or Medieval Gothic teen bedrooms, let me know. (I want the elegance of Victorian, but the dragons and castles of medieval Goth.)
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment